SIMA’s membership investment comes with many benefits, including on-demand snow training courses.
Our commitment to our members is to continuously increase the value of tangible member benefits. That’s why we recently added a new set of five courses to our existing members-only training platform.
Our goal is simple: Help members plug in to a ready-made diverse set of training tools so you don’t have to build your snow-specific training from scratch. The SIMA Training Center at www.sima.org/resources is a SIMA member’s best friend. It not only houses the members-only training but also numerous best practices guides, production documents, and contracts and forms. We take our “Stronger with Support” statement to members seriously.
New courses include:
Creating Standard Operating Procedures for Snow Operations
- Using SOPs as training tools and teachable moments
- Documenting SOPs effectively
- Concrete examples of SOPs
Salt Purchasing and Inventory Management
- Tools to help manage salt and deicing material inventory more effectively
Injury Prevention for Snow Professionals
- Areas that may cause danger
- Walking on snow and ice/exiting vehicles in icy conditions
- Identifying site hazards that may lead to injury to an employee or patron
Safe shoveling and snow blower use
- Tips and techniques to encourage an injury-free workplace
Disaster Response and Documentation Essentials
- Create an emergency response plan
- Protect your company from risk exposure when an accident or disaster occurs
- Documentation essentials
- Create a must-report culture and build transparency
Principles for Selling Snow as a Risk Management Service
- Defining risk management and learning to distinguish between risk avoidance, risk reduction, risk retention, risk transfer and risk sharing
- Attach greater meaning and value to risk management as a service and learn how to sell it as such
We are always interested in hearing how we can improve and strengthen our membership support!