As part of being an ANSI-Accredited Certificate Issuer - Accreditation #1170 for the four Advanced Snow Management certificates, SIMA works with a Stakeholder Advisory Group to hold us accountable and ensure our ASM training is relevant and impactful.
Now I'll admit it...this is not the most glamorous volunteer opportunity in the world. Mainly, this group is responsible for:
- Serving as the oversight group and governing body for the four certificate programs in the Advanced Snow Management program.
- Providing broad program management, including content reviews, evaluation reviews and recommendations, exam question review, complaint responses, and other projects as needed.
SIMA has some specific rules about who should be in the group, we mandate the following:
We'd like to thank our 2019 roster for the SAG:
- 2 snow and ice management professionals from the United States currently employed directly by a snow management business.
- 2 snow and ice management professionals from Canada currently employed directly by a snow management business.
- 1 individual of any background with experience related to insurance in the snow and ice industry (Subject Matter Expert in insurance)
- 1 Certified Snow Professional (can be one of the individuals above)
- 1 representative from the SIMA Education Committee (can be one of the individuals above)
Martyn Church (Chair), CSP, ASM with Eco Snow Removal in Longmont, CO
Colleen Huff, ASM with BSR Services Inc. in Maryland Heights, MO
David Lammers with Garden Grove Landscaping Inc., Waterdown, ON
Ken Jorgenson, CSP, ASM with MPS in Markham, ON
Patrick Moore with Arthur J. Gallagher Canada Limited, Calgary, AB
Robert Marks CSP, ASM with emi landscape in Macungie, PA#SIMA