During last year’s Snow & Ice Symposium, SIMA piloted Role-based Roundtables that brought together people in similar positions to learn and network. The four roles were CEO-CEO, Operations, Sales, and Billing/Admin. Two master facilitators per room guided participants through a discussion and a series of questions for about an hour.
Overall, it went well, but we got lots of feedback on ways we could improve, including:
- The title was boring and not descriptive enough
- Attendees wanted more time to allow people to discuss deep topics
- Desire for more time for individuals to connect with others who do the same work
- Allow time for relationship building, not just discussion of core topics
From that feedback, our team got to work refining the concept and trying to build an event that will deliver more value. The result is The HUB
— a new and bigger way to expand your network and engage with your role-focused peers.
At the 22nd Annual Snow & Ice Symposium in Grand Rapids, MI, the HUB will be open to all full registrants and Wednesday day pass registrants. Here is how it will work:
- Registrants who indicated they are attending The Hub will receive a pre-show survey that will ask key questions and solicit relevant topics. Even if you didn’t indicate you planned to attend, you are still welcome to join
- On-site, master facilitators will greet attendees in their appropriate HUB (CEO, Operations, Sales, and Office) and take them through a series of networking and facilitated discussions, based on survey feedback, best practices, and personal experience.
- After the role-focused discussions, all attendees will come together in a shared space for a networking reception to continue to build relationships, both among and across roles.
We hope to see you there! Learn more at www.sima.org/show