Dean Fisher Innovation Scholarship
Mission: To recognize innovative products and services for the snow & ice management industry and introduce new companies and individuals to SIMA membership at the annual Symposium.
Dean L. Fisher had a passion for solving problems. He studied civil and mechanical engineering at Kansas State College of Engineering & Agriculture and the U.S. Naval Academy. In 1948, he chose to tackle the problem of moving snow with nimble, light-duty four-wheel-drive vehicles. He changed the market when he created the first plow to mount on Willys Jeeps (the precursor to the iconic Jeep brand). From there, Fisher made sure the innovation didn’t stop, adding trip edge technology and under-the-hood, belt-driven hydraulic systems. Dean Fisher was the first person awarded SIMA’s Lifetime Achievement Award, the highest award provided by the association. Today, the FISHER brand is one of the premier brands in the snow and ice control industry.
The Dean Fisher Innovation Scholarship, brought to you by the SIMA Foundation, inspires innovation each year for industry suppliers. Designed to recognize the independent spirit of innovative products and services, the scholarship will be made available to any new product or service that can benefit the snow and ice management industry in the US and Canada.
2022 Application Timeline
- Applications open January 5, 2022
- Applications close March 4, 2022
- Winner announced by April 15, 2022
- SIMA membership is not required to apply or win.
- Any company with a new innovative product or service that is designed for, or can be utilized by, the snow and ice management industry.
- Applicants must submit an application by March 4, 2022.
- Company has not exhibited in past symposiums.
- Applicants can resubmit annually unless they are a past recipient of the award.
Scholarship winner to receive:
- One 10 x 10 booth package - $2,500 value.
- One-page Snow Business advertorial featuring the company & winning product (issue at the discretion of the editor).
- One ½ page ad in the symposium recap (as part of awards recognition issue of Snow Business).
Download this pdf document for all application criteria and details